Should I go to the ER?

I recently asked another question about pain relief for an infected wisdom tooth. I'm trying to wait until tomorrow, but I don't know if I should. Not only does the tooth hurt, but my ear feels like someone is shoving an icepick through it. My head even hurts on that side of my face now. When I tried to brush my hair, it was horrible. And then, when I tried to put on blush, it hurt to even lightly brush the blush across my cheek. Does it sound like the infection is bad enough to warrant going to the ER? Or would I look stupid going in there for a wisdom tooth? I just feel so horrible. I feel like I have the flu on one side of my body. I know I have a fever also, but not too high. It keeps fluctuating.My husband is gone for the day and taking care of my son by myself is proving to be difficult today. What do you think?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• I had an infection in tooth once. It was the sickest I have been in my life. My face swelled up on one side HUGE. I would definitely go to the ER. They should give you a shot of antibiotic and a prescription for an oral antibiotic.

Go it is a big enough infection it could spread throughout your body. YOU NEED TO BE SEEN TODAY!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes they could at least give you some antibotics and get you started on some pain relief until you can see your dentist tomorrow
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes, infection in tooth/jaw.into face and head
    go in sweetheart!!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When I went to the ER with an infected tooth they gave me pain meds told me to see a dentist and sent me home. Maybe you will have better luck where you are.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 12:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I'm on my way. I just always like to try to be tougher than I actually am, lol. Thanks for giving me that extra boost to get me going. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010