How would you like it...

How would you like to go back to living like Little House on the Prairie? I think I would like it (especially if I could keep cafe mom and my air conditioning or completely reverse global warming The summers weren't so hot then. )

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 5:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was telling my hubby about that the other day. I said why cant we go back to riding horses instead of driving cars? Have one bank instead of one million banks? Plant our own food and raise our own chickens and cows and pigs?! Its some work but its honest work and you feel good at the end of the day. or atleast i assume you would. plus we wont have to worry so much about how much certain things cost cuz hey we can do it ourselves
    mommytobe626

Answer by mommytobe626 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would like it. I think my role would be more clearly defined, and midwifery and home birth the accepted norms. WE would do away w/ all the gadgets that are supposed to make our lives easier, but instead load us up w/ more work. I bet we wouldn't have enough clothes that I would have to wash 2 loads in my huge washing machine everyday. 2 or 3 outfits I could keep up w/, even by hand. One set of dishes per person. I think it would be easier! (and I doubt that a/c has caused the global warming!)
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 6:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would like it.
    Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 6:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• In some ways it would be easier. Especially where raising kids is concerned. But remember there'd be no washing machine's or microwaves or air conditioners. I think I'd like to go back to the 1950's.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i live in Louisiana so I need my AC, but I have done laundry by hand and don't own a microwave. LET"S DO IT! Technology BOYCOTT!!!! (except the cafe)
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 7:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• YES, BECAUSE BACK THEN MEN WERE REAL MEN AND THEY WORKED HARD TO TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILY AND THEY DIDNT SEEM LIKE CHEATERS AND LIARS.THE ONLY THING I COULDNT DEAL WITH HORSE CARRIAGES, I NEED A CAR TO GET AROUND IN AND I CANT LIVE IN AN UNDERGROUND HUT.
    JARHONDA

Answer by JARHONDA at 7:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't think I would like it, I don't I could live without my t.v. and computer.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would LOVE it!!! I LOVE camping and being outdoors. I can't see how living my day to day life like that would be all that different. Little House on the Prairie used to be my favorite show when I was a kid.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would love to live like the "Little House on the Prairie". It seemes like there was such innocence in there life styles. The kids were ignorant to the things of the world, and it seemed like everyone knew everyone and they were all friends.
    Teddy141

Answer by Teddy141 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes, just think..
    NO indoor plumbing, yellow fever, influenza epidemics, measles was life threatening, dental care was poor, fire deptments few and far between. Average lifespan 40-50 years, no birth control, women couldn't vote.
    Sometimes yes I would like to go back to a time when life was simpler. But those times, life was not simpler in society just simpler in technology.
    If you are interested in simplifying your life, try homesteading. You might enjoy it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2008