Was the big deal made over the 911 rememberance, too much?

Do you think it could be fuel to keep spreading the hatred?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• remembering and honoring the people we lost is a good thing.
    BUT,trying to stir up hatred by insinuating that all Muslims want to kill Americans and the rest of the non-Muslim world is just plain crazy.And that is what too many fearful and prejudiced people have tried to do.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Whose hatred? Ours or theirs? We didn't fly planes into their buildings and kill people who were just trying to earn a living. We aren't a group of jihadists who want the rest of the non-muslim world dead starting with the USA. So, whose hatred is being fueled exactly?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No, I think we will do remembrances for years to come. I have wondered if some of the activities and media should cut back in the future though.I mean, what happens when we are hit again and what if it is worse? Will we do the same for the next tragedy? Will we call out names for hours on end twice a year, three times? I do think we need to remember this. It may be keeping us safe. We can't just forget this terrible set of events. I think it will remembered differently if we are hit again to this extent.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm sure they would like for us to forget & let our guard down again. We should never forget & never give the chance to do anything like that again.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think they should have focused on remembering the lives that were lost rather than going and starting more crap... and no matter what anyone says they KNEW they were starting crap.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It is almost like.....how long do you remember Pearl Harbor?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's NEVER too much to give pause and remember the HORRIBLE atrocity that occurred 9 years ago!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Hatred? You gotta be kidding me! I know you are referring to "us" hating Muslims and not the other way around. You really should take a closer look at what is going on around the world before making such a ridiculous accusation.

I am not the one to judge how someone else should grieve. IMO if they want to burn an effigy of bin Laden at the stake, that is their choice.

I watched some of the programming and found it to be quite tasteful. We should never forget, if we do the lost lives become meaningless.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I dont know if I missed something or not, everything I saw was about remembering what happened, and honoring those who died. I think it is definitly important to keep remebering and honoring those who died. It was a tragedy that affected so much in what our world has become. I think it is a good thing. I dont see how it will spread hatred personally.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It will be like Pearl Harbor over the years. For us that remember and have been to Pearl a number of times on December 7th. The crowds at the U.S.S. Arizona memorial get smaller and smaller over the years. What happened to my husbands ship, U.S.S. Indianapolis, and to the men aboard,  my husband included, use to be a big deal. Now most of you young people have never even heard about the Indy and what the men want through. .

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010