my sewing machine is being funny!!

ok so i just got a old singer from my grandma on mon and it was working just fine at her house... and i brought it inside and plugged it in last night... well it didnt wanna work for me... i threaded it right and everything the Bobin was already in there and threaded.... well when i was ready to start sewing the bottem thread started to bunch up on me... and I called my grandma and she said i threaded it wrong so i tried again and again it did the same thing until i ran out of bobin thread.. so i refilled the bobin and tried again.. agian same problem.. does any one know what i did wrong.. the foot was down and everything.. i do know how to sew! just this is an older machine and no instructions

navywifemomkoch

Asked by navywifemomkoch at 6:07 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm having the same problem with my sewing machine, too! So frustrating! I'm going to look up the manual online and see if that helps. I know I have forgotten how to thread the darned thing because I just gave up on it.

Joyce
    JoyceD

Answer by JoyceD at 12:32 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Maybe you could go online and find a manual. We've found and downloaded manuals for SEVERAL of our appliances this way. Most manufacturer sites have a page devoted to Owner Manuals. Hope you can find yours!
    xelamasmom

Answer by xelamasmom at 11:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• check the thread, it may be old. put in a new spool and try again. if u are still having problems, i suggest u go to www.hgtv.com they have a quilting and needlework message board. register a name and ask them; u most likely will get an immediate answer to your problem.
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 4:03 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• when the thread bunches up at the bottom, the problem is usually at the top of the machine. It's not threaded correctly, your missing a step. Can you take a pic of the machine, a good pic of the area that needs to be threaded........???
    websorceress

Answer by websorceress at 8:23 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• google singer sewing machine manuals. singer sells them for $10 each
    CookieZenmilk

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 10:46 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I have an old singer that was made in the late 1940's and the bottom thread bunches like that if my top tension isn't tight enough because the bottom tension is wrong and I don't know how to change it. If there is a singer shop near you, they do repairs for $29/each OR you can have them do the 'complete tune-up' for $50 and they fix everything that is wrong with it, adjust the tensions, and oil it for you. I don't have a singer store near by, so I just have to put up with it :(
    jlknudsen5478

Answer by jlknudsen5478 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 19, 2008