Should I facebook friend request my ex's ex?

I have an 11 yr old daughter who hasn't seen her bio dad since she was 5. We haven't heard anything from him in all this time but we do get periodaic child support payments so we know he's alive and possibly working. He was in and out of her life but I have no reason to believe if given the opportunity he wouldn't want to see her.

So I started looking for him on facebook. Didn't see him but I did find someone who I think he used to date. She had a baby with him 10 months before I did and she also had an older child, a girl, who wasn't his. On her wall, she mentions her 12 yr old dd, so that could be the same girl. Her picture looks similar but not enough for me to say "that's her!" She has the same hometown as the girl he dated. Her sister's name sound really familar. And lastly it says she is interested in women and one of his friends told me that she left him for a woman. Should I friend her? What to say?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• before you add her, jus send a message saying who you are and if she has any helpful info bout your ex
    BellaBear

Answer by BellaBear at 12:05 PM on Sep. 13, 2010

• send her a request asking if she is the one u are thinking of. tell her ur reason for contacting her an hopefully she can help u out. as for her interest in women. if she does accept the request n starts making advances just let her kno that wasn't wat u were looking for
    chiachick2005

Answer by chiachick2005 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• send a friend request & let her know your reason (I think our kids may be 1/2 siblings!)
    Really I dont think she would make any advances on you.. I think the relationship will be more on a "we are mothers from the same guy" type relationship...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• add her and ask her if she isnt then honest mistake
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 11:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No no no, it's not like i'll think she'll make advances towards me. i just mentioned that she says she likes women because that's proof it's really her. i know the girl i am thinking of left the guy because she started liking women.
    keisha613

Comment by keisha613 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010