Cheeting boyfriend?

I think my boyfriend may be cheating on me. He has naked pics of a friend of his on his phone, they exchange sexual emails and texts. I work at night and have no way of knowing what goes on when I am not at home. Any advice on how to find out the truth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Well, I think you already know the answer here. Even if she sent him the pics unasked, he still didn't delete them. The sexy talk could just be a game but not the pics. And frankly even if he hasn't actually slept with her, he has cheated on you. The intent is clearly there. This guy is not mature enough to be in a relationship. You'll never be able to trust him and without trust there is nothing. Time to move on.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• we live together and have a child together. I don't think its that simple. You right though...I don't trust him. That part sucks. All I ever wanted was honesty and I don't feel like I'm getting it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I need to find out definately whether he is or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would take a day off from work but dont tell him. Even tell him that you have to work a little late that day so he thinks he has plenty of time. Does he stay home with your child while you're at work? It would be worth a days pay to me to learn the truth.
    BlessedInNJ

Answer by BlessedInNJ at 6:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The problem is...what day? I work all night...and yes he stays home with my kids. Only one is his. He does have plenty of time...till 5 or so in the morning!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• A lot of men get lonely and horny at night. It's probably just playtime online and on the phone and nothing serious. I realize that doesn't make you feel a whole lot better but if he were cheating in real time and wanting to leave he wouldn't stay and babysit your kids while he could be out humping some friend. Do you know her well enough to talk with her and tell her you don't like what they are doing and ask her to stop? It wouldn't hurt to tell him to stop it either.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The idea with taking a day off is actually pretty good...

but how about you just tell him that u go to work and then you come home earlier... take a day off, act like you would go to work.. go see a friend or so for a couple hours then go home and see whats going on.. try to check his mails/txt msgs to figure out when they (maybe) will meet or so.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• well i would try to find out if it is true ....... do u no this other woman ? i would miss work and catch him in the act............... you can always say u came home early cause u were sick ........ if you think he is cheating then he probably his........... i would do what ever it takes to find out.
    MarksGurl

Answer by MarksGurl at 7:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't know her personally. Just what he's told me. She just broke up with her boyfriend. I saw an email with him telling her they could meet up whenever she wanted, but she could send him a pic to hold him over. She seems to have feelings for my boyfriend. she said she wishes she hooked up with him instead of her ex. He deletes most of his texts...so that part is hard. I think I might try the idea of comming home eary one night....see what happens. Thought about getting a video camera and setting it up somewhere in the house. This is driving me nuts...if you couldn't tell. I just hate not knowing...and I hate having to think that it's even possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I agree with Marksgurl, I would take a night off from work and come home early. Even as sneaky as parking up the street. If nothings going on, then maybe it's just them playing. If you catch them you don't have to explain why you're there! His behavior is fishy, and certainly naked pictures of a friend is unacceptable.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008