How to Wash Sofa Fabric

Can I put the cushion upholstered fabric in the laundry machine? Using an upholstery cleaner machine doesnt seem to be doing that much. Should I use dryel? Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I always use the attachment on my carpet cleaner and tide. It works really well.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think you should put it in the machine. It might shrink, get out of shape, or fade. Is there any tag on the sofa telling the manufacturer, fiber content, etc? Contact the manufacturer if you can and give any info you have to ask them. Maybe the sales receipt would have the model name.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I took mine to the dry cleaners. I would say try dryell in the dryer. Try to remove the spot first and then rinse the spot out however do not wash and dry it unless you really don't care that it shrinks or changes color.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010