Shea butter

I bought this at the county fair, freshly shaved from the fruit it came from there on site. I have used it only once. I am wondering what experiences, and benefits any of you have had with it. Please share.

onlycathyo

Asked by onlycathyo at 6:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I hope you have unrefined shea butter because not all shea butter is made equally. As a matter of fact, the shea butter you find in stores (liquid/ lotion form) are NOT good quality (It should melt into your skin.) You're best bet is getting it from a farmers market, flea market, or from certain people online, i.e. eBay.

A little goes a long way, too. I use it to moisturize my body and face, it's great and safe for the entire family, helps A LOT with dry skin/ eczema/ peeling skin, lip balm, helps with scars and blemishes, sunburn, softens tough skin and heels, it has vitamin A and E (great for skin, hair, and nails), my best use is right after a shower while I'm still damp, and I LOVE it after shaving.

mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 8:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I absolutely love shea butter!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I didn't even know you could get it that way!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• oh yeah it is unrefined. It doesn't look pretty. I guess I was wondering if it heals stretch marks! ;O)
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 3:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Does it look like the link in my first answer? That's how you wan it to look. I've heard that it does. I don't have any so I didn't mention it before. I tried to use my own uses or experiences. KWIM? I could see the possibility but I never used it for that. HTH
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 10:09 PM on Oct. 16, 2008