Heel pain .... please read.

I started a new job after 5 years of unemployment. I have been working for two weeks, standing on my feet 9 hours a day. My heels hurt so bad that when I lay down at night they throb. Eventually it goes away and I can go to sleep. I have tried new shoes, 4 different inserts with no relief. I even done the foot machine at Wal-mart. It said that I have low arches and high heel pain. I tried the inserts that it suggested ($50). It really made matters worse. Anyone have any shoe suggestions or thoughts on what this may be. I am off today and the pain is almost gone. Just a little soreness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Health

• Go see your doctor, might be heel spurs.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 1:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Do some stretches. There are several listed at about.com. I had terrible leg pains when I went back to work and wore Drew shoes. They are very casual and utilitarian, but worked for me. I don't know what line of work you are in. Try the stretches every day first.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with the PP's could be heal spurs stretches help and also aspirin soaking your feet in Epsom salts seems to help me a bit.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• And look up heel spurs online. I truly believe I have them (I saw an xray of my foot when I twisted it about 2 years ago). My heels started acting up about 2 months ago. Try to ice them before and after the stretches. Take Motrin if you can, to relieve the inflammation (I'm allergic to Motrin, so I can't say how well it works). And go to a doctor as soon as you can to get a proper diagnosis and treatment. Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my grandmother told me to soak in epsom salt and it really did work. Good Luck!
    sweetjolie1

Answer by sweetjolie1 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Go to the dr ask ask for Tramadol......I have severe pain in my feet went to the DR and they gave me Tramadol and it does wonders for pain it also lifts my mood a little
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:25 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It sounds like what I have which is Plantar Fasciitis or it could be what others have said, Heel Spurs. I wear shoes that keep my heels off the floor. Either way I recommend Orthotics for heel pain since you are on your feet all day. It will get worse it your don't wear the proper shoes and so will not wearing shoes. At night and even when you first wake u\p stretch your heals out with a towel wrapped around the bottom of your feet and pull your toes up and toward you. It will actually feel better too.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I could be spurs or it could even be the foot equvalance of carpal tunnel. I have both but the spur has remained small. I can only where running shoes and I have to where a type of brace at night which helps. I would suggest going to your doctor about this though.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010