how do feel when married couples don't wear their wedding bands?? what do you think their meaning is????

cute504dimples

Asked by cute504dimples at 1:29 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• I havent even taken off my promise ring since the day I got it, only to get it cleaned and right after goes right back on its been on there for 4 years. I take a shower with it everything so to hear or see someone not wearing their wedding ring seems as though they dont want anyone else to publicly know they are married. I know when I get married I wont take that ring off either :-)
    AngelEyva

Answer by AngelEyva at 1:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think people read too much into this kind of crap. Who cares. I haven't worn a wedding ring in more than 8 years, neither has my dh. I hate jewelry. It gets on my nerves. My parents have been married for almost 40 years, i'm 30 and have never seen either of them wear their wedding rings.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 1:32 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• it makes me think they are not happy and they would rather not be married. i wear mine 24/7 cuz i am proud to be a married woman and so does my hubby
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 1:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• @ missAlisabeth then whats the point of even getting one? thats whats is supposed to symbolize your marriage
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 1:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I stopped wearing mine when I gained to much weight and they no longer fit. I did not want to resize them because I was determined to get the weight off. So I don't think anything frankly it is none of my business.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I took off my band to clean (with harsh chemicals) and to cut raw (bloody) meat. that was it! my ex never wore his wedding band, then i found out he was cheating, but that isnt always the case... sometimes men cant wear them to certian jobs, and some may just b afraid of loosing their bands. but couples just not wearing them all together? what is the point of even having them?
    sarahlu

Answer by sarahlu at 1:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Dh can't fit into his. Its 31 years old! He does dirty stuff, welding, cars, motors, grease etc.. I as of recently due to Cancer & Chemo can't wear mine! It breaks my heart.. But such miserable side effects I can't! we're jobless so I can't do anything about it. Its a personal choice though. As long as you're committed in your hearts!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My wedding rings were a set I have that have been passed down from my mother to me. My dh's was a cheap gold band we got cause we were broke at the time. (we've been married 11 yrs now) I judge the quality of my marriage by our relationship, not by the jewelry we wear. We have discussed before getting me a new set since we are way better off financially now than 11 yrs ago, but I never want to spend the money on something like that. I'm just not into jewelry whether its suppose to be "symbolic" or not. We are actually planning on getting tattoos on our ring fingers since neither of us do the ring thing. More permenant :p lol It's just not us..
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 1:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't think much one way or the other because it's not my place to judge anyone. There could be many reasons for not wearing a wedding ring -- the ring might not fit any more, etc. My husband does not wear his because he works with power tools and it could be a hazard if it got caught on something. I usually were mine but there was a time after I jammed my finger that I couldn't wear it. There are many other reasons besides not wanting to be married or lack of love. The ring is a visible symbol of love, however the most important part is what is actually inside and there's no way to see that.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 1:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would say they have their reasons and it's not my place to interfere.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010