some carpet cleaning tips?

I'd really like to shampoo my carpet as a whole, not just random spot cleaning. A friend of mine offered to let me borrow her wetvac, but in case I cant reach her what are some other ways to get it done? Without the use of a vacuum?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• We rented a carpet cleaning machine at the grocery store. it did a pretty good job but took a long time to dry.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The ones you rent at the grocery store are industrial strenght and work pretty well. I have rented them before and it cost around 40-50 dollars between the cleaner and machine. It did a great job! I have also used a friends machine. They work pretty well too.

If you are one a budget, and I know you said no vacume, but Resolve has this deep clean powder that is kindof wet and you just run it into your carpet and when it dries just vacume it up. It works miracles when you don't have the time or money to rent a machine.
    colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 3:49 PM on Sep. 13, 2010