Not sure where this would go but....

I need some help, I am in a loving relationship with my husband of almost 4 years now. He has a 4 1/2 year old son and we have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and 15 month old son together. I know we can not afford to have another baby right now nor would it be a good time to have one, but I am starting to get feelings of wanting another one bad. I need some advice on how to handle this please. I also know that hubby does not want another baby right now, I had to practically beg for our last child, thanks ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband got me a puppy when I started talking about wanting a baby lol. I don't know really how to help with this one other than saying enjoy your LO's, have fun with them, they will only be this little for a little while :)
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• are u working ? do u pay bills or is it ur dh who pays them? idk maybe hes thinking about the financial situation and you begging for a kid n then begging for another one when u know u cnt afford them sounds selfish to me, sorry just my opinion

gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh, Baby Fever is the worst! The best thing for me was to write a check list of everything I wanted to be in place before I had another including the 'why'. I was able to talk my self out of it for another year. :0) Yeah, Get a puppy!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Wow, sometimes know it's not a good idea doesn't make you want it any less. Kinda like 200 dollar shoes. You can want them all you want but you can also still be aware it's not a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'm kind of going through this too, but we don't have any kids yet. We both want kids, and are going to have them. We aren't TTC but we aren't doing anything to prevent it either. We're keeping our fingers crossed that new, steadier paying careers come along first (we're both servers right now), but I am definitely going through wanting it to happen now. I know we would both be happy if it did, and as much as I want it to now, I need it to wait til the job thing happens first. I posted a question on hear about this and most of the advice I got was that waiting until we are more financially stable and to concentrate more on new projects until we are more stable and prepared to have children, so I'm going to kind of say the same to you....also talk to your husband more about why he doesn't and maybe you'll come up with a compromise or solution together...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have 5 kids and the last one was definitely baby fever. Mentally, my husband and I had decided that the 4th was the last but then when my 4th was 2 years old we kept making remarks about how nice it would be to have another child. Then we would come to our senses and say but we can't afford another one. Well, we did have another one and we are just fine. However, my hubby is now fixed because of it. I am at a place now where I would like to go on vacations more but it is really expensive and not easy when you are potty training all of the time. Because your husband doesn't want too, I would say wait. It's sounds like maybe your family should get out and do more things together with other families so that way you can stay distracted and focus on other things for now.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 3:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I like the checklist idea... and the get a puppy advice is hilarious.
    Enjoy your little ones, snuggle them extra and give some time.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have been getting the fever, but I'm the one who doesn't want another child. I just finished getting my two year old daughter out of diapers and I'm NOT ready for the diapers and the sleepless nights anytime soon. It's a terrible thing to think, but that helped me remember that although there is a really cute little baby in the room, I don't want one because those parents have to go through potty training. :-)
    RACERBABE02

Answer by RACERBABE02 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Nothing wrong with wanting something. But we don't get everything we want. It really is that simple.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010