Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

grandparent rights

my son is a drug addict we have not had any relationship with him for a while .well he got a girl pregnant and for 1yr she would not let us see the child I and my daughter still sent her money to help her out being a single mom and all so she finaly at the babys birthday party we finally saw him still we give her money to help her out everytime we can she is starting issues with my daughter because my daughter does my finances and told us we are unfit to see the baby.I love this child but i really can stand her she is very dramatic and drains us for money and is a very problomatic person so we can even talk because for anything we say she will argue or actually fight.We told her maybe being a single mom has given repressed feelings and sense she can take it out on the father she is useing us .my question is in Pennsylvania can i get visitation rights.


Asked by hush84 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 9 (359 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • it seems that in PA... there are grandparent rights... the circumstances differ from state to state but I would advise you to research the laws in YOUR state and to contact a lawyer in YOUR state.


    Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • I have dealt wth this as the mother of the child. Grandparents rights are NOT a given! No court will give you visitation! It has to be an agreement between you and the mother that the courts sign off on! The fact is that your son has made your rights non existant! Grandparents rights are more between you and your son as far as the law goes, and assuming your son has no rights, you have no rights! You need to be VERY NICE and try and work things out with her! I am on her side on teh fact that maybe she doesnt want the child with you because she doesnt want you having the father see the child, and I dont blame her! If you feel used then quit giving her money! Plain and simple!

    Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • No, unless you have been given custody there are no "grandparent's rights". I checked into this when hubby and I considered splitting early on in our marriage. I wanted to make sure there was nothing my crazy MIL could do trying to get her own visitations.


    Answer by scout_mom at 3:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

  • yes this is definetly a lawyer need for her was woundering if anyone did it

    Comment by hush84 (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010


    Answer by sherryb1273 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 13, 2010