let me re-phrase, my now five year old daughter was born without enamel on her baby teeth when they erupted, she has started to loose baby teeth, and i was told by our dentist that it is possible she will not have enamel on her permanent teeth either. My question is, has anyone else gone through this??

magmom1999

Asked by magmom1999 at 7:32 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Kids' Health

• I had a friend whose daughter had that problem. They ended up putting a coating on her teeth. Luckily it is something that can be fixed and managed. They did this to her baby teeth . I lost contact with the person before her child had adult teeth so I am not sure but I recall her talking about future dental procedures for when she gets adult teeth. The girls father had no enamel on his teeth either so it was an inherited issue. Just stay calm and try not to worry. There is plenty they can do to help protect her teeth.

Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 9:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My little brother was born without enamel on his teeth too. He had caps put on all his baby teeth. His permanent teeth were just fine and had enamel on them. In addition, he went to the dentist last week (he is 25 now) and they said he still has two baby teeth with caps on them in the back of his mouth. Rather strange.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 2:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2008