Instead cups adult content

I cannot seem to find the instead cups (apparently in the maxi pad/tampon aisle) in Walmart, Zellers or Shoppers Drug Mart. Other than online, are there other stores (in Canada) that I can check out for them to use when TTC? I have read that they help to keep the sperm 'up there' when inserted following intercourse.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 1:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have seen them at Shoppers. They are in a tiny pink box, right next to the pads and tampons. You could always get a Diva cup too. Same thing, but it lasts for at least a year. (its about $40). I have been using mine for just over a year, (not for ttc... just for that time of month! lol) and I LOVE it! I will never go back to tampons or pads!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 1:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I will have to go back and take some time to look more thoroughly next time :)
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• what are instead cups?
    drdavenport

Answer by drdavenport at 2:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The sperm swim out of the semen and the semen is what drains out of the vagina. Using this will increase you risk for infection. If you are really that worried about it, prop a couple pillows under you butt for a couple minutes after he cums
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 2:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• instead cups are diaphram looking plastic cups that you insert onto your cervix to catch period flow but sometimes women use them filled with semen so the sperm can more easily be absorbed into the cervix increasing chances of pregnancy. They work well for conception; I used it as a surrogate and was pregnant the 1st cycle we tried.

keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• They are just left in overnight (if you have intercourse the previous evening/night)?. How long is it safe to leave these in before being removed?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would google this or ask a doctor
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Package says safe for 12 hours. I just wore mine overnight.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010