The DH is really irritable

We are 16 days away from the scheduled C section and I cant do much. im really huge I cant bend, I have a hard time getting in and out of bed but Im trying my best here. I am at a crippling stage of pregnancy and this is the biggest ive ever been 290 pounds and my babys estimated weight was 10 pounds 3 ounces at the last ultrasound. Im really feeling the heavyness. Well anyway DH has had to pick up my slack and it seems at though hes not happy about it at all. I get it hes not used to it, but geez cut me a break im carrying your child here cervical cancer and all. Do all DH's get fed up like this or what? He just throws fits and istn so nice with his words. Makes me feel like crap most of the time. Because he has to work fixing computers all day and then come home to be super dad.

AngelEyva

Asked by AngelEyva at 1:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• when my husband is stressed, nervous, anxious he gets really snotty, rude, disrespectful. Maybe he's scared about your health, the big baby, etc and is simply not handling it well. See if you can manage a last minute date night before the baby comes? Some alone 1 on 1 time w/ no distractions or stress might help. you don't wanna bring a kiddo home if you're feeling annoyed or disconnected from him right now.... it'll make you guys more snippy and run like less of a team.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• So sorry you have to go through all of this not all dh's are like this he probably is feeling the pressure to but of a different kind. He maybe never realized what all you did in a day either. Men can be clueless. Maybe he thinks things will change once the baby comes and he doesn't know how to handle all of it. Maybe sit him downand have a nice quiet chat with him and reassure him things will get back to normal.
    Good Luck and Congratulations on the upcoming bundle of joy!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thanks, yea he never realized how much I do do. He is in shock right now and I feel bad but I am like this big baby myself right now with needing help with everything. Its only 2 more weeks of this and everything will die down because my mother will be over to help me recover. I just hope he knows that Im not being lazy I really cant lift my left leg I really cant spring out of bed with a 10 pound baby inside. This is our first healthy child and the biggest so my body is like whoa right now nothing like my other pregnancys where I worked and did alot of things. His boss has been giving him some trouble because hes been up late with me and then goes to work tired, were video game people so we play until we get tired just because thats about all we can do together that doesnt feel like a chore. I just want DH to be happy again.
    AngelEyva

Comment by AngelEyva (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Sep. 13, 2010