Should I b worried about STDs?

My new bf has been with so many people that he cant even give me a #, and he is only 26, I have only been with 2 guys and am 24. He says he knows he doesnt have any stds, but how can I b sure I am safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• CONDOMS!!!!

Tell him that if he as any intention of riding you bare back, then you are going to a clinic together and he is getting tested. Alot of people are "carriers" of STDs and never actually get symptoms.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Make him go to the doctor and get tested for EVERYTHING. Don't have sex with him (or at least don't have unprotected sex) until he gets a clean bill of health. If he's not willing to do that for you, then he doesn't respect you like he should.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• true, i had an std for about 5months n didnt know it.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Guys will say anything to get laid. I'd use a condom just so he didn't get me pregnant. Sounds like he's got some commitment issues.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• He should be checked by a doctor. If you must have sex with him, have it only with a condom, but I wouldn't even trust that. Once he is checked, sill use a condom for a while- talk with your doctor. The virus that causes AIDS doesn't show up for several months.

Answer by Bmat at 1:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Also, you can get Herpes, HPV and Syphillis ORALLY!!! I am sure you don't want that, so oral sex is a no go too
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 1:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• he should get tested. it's for his safety and your safety! I know someone who was tested positive for an std, she had no idea she had it, and it's not like she was promiscuous...could have been that one guy who gave it to her. Thankfully it was treatable.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree 100% with Maureen.

The only sure fire way to not catch anything is not to have sex with him. Since that's probably not an option, he should get tested, use condoms and in six months get tested again.
    Don't let him fool you. People don't just "look" like they have stds. It happens to all walks of life. The whore on the corner might be clean and the business man walking past may have herpes.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• ALWAYS wear protection and get him tested if you stay together for long enough to try for a baby. You don't want to take any chances.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Honey,I know a girl i met while my DH was in the military. She was a virgin when she got married to her husband. Not 2 months after they got married,she found out he gave her herpes. She'll have it forever. First and only man she was ever with. He had hooked up with a girl like 6 months before the wedding and had to come clean after she had the outbreak and they found out about it at the military hospital. I guess she's thinking it could have been worse. Bless her heart. Dont take any chances. Be safe!
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 2:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010