Dress me....

Since you ladies were so helpful yesterday... I decided to buy a pair of black wedges to go with my blue jean mini skirt. Now I need help with something to wear for dinner. Would the wedges work with a black dress? I don't want anything too fancy just would like to look a little sexy. I tried on a few dresses yesterday but I thought they all looked weird lol. The material was thin (jersey?) and you could see the top part of my rib cage. Not sexy.
FTR, I normally dress "skater-ish", jeans, tshirt and converse. I'm just trying out something new. What about a pencil skirt? Those are pretty sexy. Could I wear wedges or am I going to have to buy more shoes? Platform pumps?

Sorry, I know this is kind of all over the place and long but I need serious help. Thank you :)

dmdblleb

Asked by dmdblleb at 1:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I personally don't like wedges. To me they look like blocks with straps on them attached to your feet. I'd probably wear something else with a black dress like a pair of cute flat sandals or if it's cold out a cute pair of boots.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• the wedges work with the jean skirt because they can have an earthly like look.

Not sure I would go with the black dress though. If you want to dress down the black dress a little, just keep it a simple plan black shoe like a slipper style with light accessories. Maybe a belt around the middle.

If they are pure black wedges you might be able to pull if off, but try to find accessories that match them.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't like the stappy ones either. They're the peep toe kind. I'd post a link but I don't know how to make it click-able.
    I'm trying to be cheap here... didn't want to have to buy two pairs of shoes but I can.
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 2:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thank you ladies for your help. :)
    I ended with with a black high waisted pencil skirt, a white tee and black pumps (so awesome for $18!)
    I got a purple sweater and a purple flower to put in my hair.

I'm so excited! I feel like a girl going on her first date. lol
    dmdblleb

Comment by dmdblleb (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010