is there anything in particular i should put on my baby registry?

im having a baby shower and im so lost at what to put on my lists.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 2:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• everything!! Put some inexpensive items for those who can't afford much, and put some that are expensive that you would love to have but won't buy. Some people might go in together! Put diapers on - all sizes!! Shampoo, lotion, diaper cream, medicine, thermometer, bathtub, pacifier (especially if there is a specific brand). I never put toys or clothes on my registry. People will buy those for you because those are the 'fun' things to pick out. It's the necessity stuff that people might not think of unless you request it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• In all honesty, my favorite gift was diapers! I found that I really preferred to pick out equipment for baby *after* the baby was born, when I had a better idea of what she needed and what I found most helpful, etc. A lot of stuff I got at my baby shower went unused, but having stacks of diapers (in all sizes!) was a HUGE blessing.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• socks, onesies bottles, diapers , wipeys
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I'll add to my diaper suggestion and second what gabby said! Onesies, socks, and wipeys are absolutely things you can never have enough of. :)
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• The more expensive items and items in bigger sizes like onesies in medium and large, socks, bibs, crib sheets bottle brushes, diaper bag, blankets in the larger sizes, bath towels, books, toys, play yard sheets, safety gear, wipes and if you do diapers ask for the biggers sizes you don't want to be stuck with 8 packs of size one when your already needing size four. go for the size 4 and 5's they will be in them the longest. also ask for a baby humidfier those are nice when they have colds and the last thing your going to think about
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Onsies and socks in EVERY SIZE lol. several kinds of bottles and pacifiers if you think you may need them. Diapers are awesome to get! Any larger items you would like to get like a pack n play or swing also. I put a camera on my registry and got it! We needed a new one for good baby pictures. lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• and if your breastfeeding ask for breast feeding items, like creams and pads, storage bottles those kind of things
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I love onesies, but only in the summer. If my babies were born when it was cool they never wore onesies. I kept them in those pajamas with feet that zipped! Those were great for middle of the night diaper changes and kept the kids warm. So consider when you baby is born too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 2:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010