Everyone please HELP.....We are in the process of adopting a little girl, we have had her for 2 years and now after 2 years the judge keeps giving her parents more time, they are meth heads, homeless, and don't care about all 4 of their children. We go to court today and just wanted to see everyone opinion on what they think should happen....

TheDayMommyof4

Asked by TheDayMommyof4 at 8:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Adoption

• WE GOT HER~!~!~!~!~! Just thought I would let everyone know that:)
    TheDayMommyof4

Answer by TheDayMommyof4 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I hope they finally let the adoption go through, the parents have more than enough time to get their act together and they have shown that they don't care. Good Luck.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I know and I have talked with their case worker and everytime we go to court he says the same, Oh Mrs. Day it's over this time
    TheDayMommyof4

Answer by TheDayMommyof4 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I hope all goes well in your favor, my prayers are with you. This is what is wrong with the court system, they just let it go on forever. The give the birthparents chance after chance, it is crazy, they have had enough time to straighted up if they really wanted too. Good Luck and I wish you and your family the best, exspecially the little girl.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Hope all is well in court. My friend went through the same thing getting her little girl. Had to go through soooo many dates and home visits and such. But it was worth all of it....Your cast worker is probably right , they go through these things alot. But I know that still doesn't take away the worry.. Prayers are with you.
    bambigrand

Answer by bambigrand at 10:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Hopefully the judge will act in the best intrest of this child. If her bp have not cleaned up their act then haven't they had enough time to? How long should she wait? It's really not fair. I'm sorry you and this child are going through this.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• godforbid we give anyone more then one chance to make things right! one shot. that's all you get. for everything ever. guess you all never made any mistakes ever. not saying these people should just get the kids back if they truely dont clean up but just saying dont judge till you walk in the shoes. have human compassion at least people. yes the kids are most important of all. dont get me wrong. some ppl make more dire mistakes then others. some ppl are not so strong. some ppl make wrong choices & others make it that much harder to get back on track when all they do is critisize your lack of will. if they really did just NOT care at all they would have just signed away the rights voluntarily dont you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• But why should the child be punished because her parents cannot get their lives together. That is not fair to her and if her parents won't get their lives back on track after two years, then they probably aren't going to do it. If the thought of losing their child doesn't scare them into really working their case plan, then nothing will. Time to move on and get this child with the family who loves her and provides for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Anonymous 9:52am...TWO years is long enough for someone to get there ass in gear and clean there act up! We went through the same thing and waited a year and a half to adopt our daughter. Her BM was given more than enough chances to get her back...our daughter was her SEVENTH kid to be taken away from her....some people do make MISTAKES, but after two years it's no longer a mistake, it's a way of life for some people and no matter how long they are given, nothing will ever change for them. DAYMOMMY...I hope all goes well for you today in court. I know exactly how you feel, and it's such an emotional and trying thing to go through. You daughter deserves to be with you, you have raised her this far and loved her unconditionally! GOOD LUCK TODAY!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 11:48 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• well, i just wanted to thank everyone for all of your support. Where as the one certain comment U shouldn't bash people in making the right decision. This baby doesn't deserve to have an "unstable" enviroment. She is the most wonderful child and her parents have had numerous amounts of "Chances" as you say. Her parents may care about her but not enough to get her back. DSS has been working with this family since she was 5 months old. And she will be 3 in November. And this has been the 4th time her older sisters have been taken. And the mother had gotten the sisters back once. All I am trying to say is, these people has had their chances, they have had more than enough in my opinion. They have attended not one parenting class nor have they passed not one drug test, so now have you gotten any comebacks to that? Mrs. "Anonymous"
    TheDayMommyof4

Answer by TheDayMommyof4 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008