Cant stand dh at this moment.

so i am a sahm & my df is a gate watcher at a call center, he workes 8rs a day m-f. cuz im always home, when he gets home i want to do something but most of the time we dont ,i understand he worked n he is tired, now my problem is the weekends he never wants to do anything, just stay home play video games n watch tv, if i ask to do something he makes faces. we still go out but the day goes pretty much ruined bcuz of the shit faces he makes. he says weeekends are for him to rest, now we both used to work together n the position that he has is so freaking easy n stress free, hes is good at what he does n the managers love him , all he needs to do is send out to the csr & if the emails are not being completed he goes to the csr n tell sthem to work on it it really no drama, so its not like if he take sthe stress home im going to have a talk w/him about him using work as an excuse not to take us out, any advice on what2tell him

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Talk it over with him and come to some sort of compromise. You both need a break from your weekly routine. And going out and having some fun, even if it's just for ice cream, is the spice of life. Maybe Saturday can be "his" day and Sunday is "your" day to pick what you will do as a family.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You can not go anywhere alone? Just pack the kids up and leave his but at home all day. go do what you want. Or leave the baby with him and go alone.

Answer by louise2 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My husband and I go through this a lot too. We recently sat down to talk about it. My husband does have a stressful demanding job that requires him to work up to 14 hrs a day so I do try to be respectful toward that but I want to spend time with him on the weekends since I really dont get to during the week. He said that if I am able to plan it out ahead of time and let him know where and what time we are going that it would be easier for him. He usually does something he likes to destress or relax before we go or takes some time when we get home. We also have our own days, Saturday is his day to sleep in and Sunday is my day. Even when we dont go out to do something we at least try to have a movie night with the kids or BBQ and play in the backyard.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• don't tell him anything and stop putting yourself out there for him to shit on you... well maybe i'm not the best one to give advice right now me and dh aren't really talking lol. but when things get tough like this i stop being a doormat and just make plans without him. he knows it hurts my feelings when i try to do things and he acts like a dick... so i call my girlfriends, ignore him, just leave the house and drive by myself, today i went and visited a friend who lives kind of far. it's not solving the relationship problem but it hurts alot less than wondering why he's treating me that way...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:28 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wish i had the answer for you but I am going threw the same shit he is always tired and he take his naps but guess who pops in the door his cousin and yes he does have time to drink with them what a ass hole .

I came to the conclusion that if he keep doing this I am going to have to let him go. I have been with him since I was 13 and I can't waste my life staying at home. I decide to get my GED so I can get a better job and I only have 1 kid so it's going to be a piece of cake if I decide to move on.
    My son doesn't need to grew up looking at us fight all the time.
    He does the same faces when I ask him if I can go out. I can't even go out to hang out with my sister come on. I thought I got married to my husband NOT MY dad!!!!!
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I can empathize with your feelings. The weekends should be open for some activity even if it's a way to escape the mundane routine of everyday life. Maybe he will be open for a couple of hours out of his weekend to do something spontaneous. He wouldn't be sacrficing the whole weekend, just a couple of hours of it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Um, tell him you know full well the stress level, or lack of, of his job. And he can't use it as an excuse to be a butt head to you at home. It's not good for your relationship, and it's causing stress at home. HE'S causing stress at home, and he needs to knock it off.
    Maybe he's irritated you don't work? IDK. But when my hubby tries to talk to me like I'm his soldier, I kindly, or not so kindly, remind him I am not his soldier. He gets it, and stops. Just come out with it, and tell him.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Talk to him about it. Maybe you can set up a date night on Saturday night. If he isn't willing to spend any real time with you then maybe you need to rethink the relationship. Or you can always start going out with the girls on the weekend.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• talk to him, I LOVE foxraces advice about advance planning etc. Maybe YOU don't consider his job stressful but he might....
    it bones me when someone says that b/c my ex used to same the same thing about my job... and I taught 12-16 yr. old autistic boys in a residential setting.... VERY stressfull, esp. since I also had a staff of 5-6 adults who were MORE stressful than the kids .... LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Best thing to do is just tell him exactly how you feel
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 11:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010