I have had a D&E will that effect my pregnancy now?

I was 22 weeks and 4 days and lost her. Since I was so far along they preformed a D&E which is when they mechanically dilate you and and baby is extracted. The doctor asked if I had dilated at all on my own and I said no they had to use those stick things and I was given two small white pills that I had to put in my gums for 30 min to induce my labor. She said that my cervix looked fine but she was concerned that they and to dilate me. What does this mean for my current pregnancy with twins? Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them and had kids after?

lolo0636

Asked by lolo0636 at 2:26 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My sister in law had a d&c done and she has had 2 kids after that. I would talk to your doctor about it and see what they say. I'm sorry for your loss.
    jojolicious220

Answer by jojolicious220 at 2:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I actually had to deliver, and was induced, but was not as far along as you. I did not have a D&C (at that time), as they felt I was too far along for that..not sure what the difference was..I did not care for the doctor or what happened to me afterward. I did, however, successfully (albeit pure misery, lol), carry twins to 37 weeks
    Rileyscute

Answer by Rileyscute at 2:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Ask your doctor about this and express your concerns. Each person is different but I had two healthy babies after such a proceedure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i, too, had a d & e 42 years ago, my baby died at 2 months inside of me - but, at that time, they had to wait about 2 months for all the tests to come back to prove that the baby was, indeed, deceased - all that while, all that poisonous blood was coursing through my blood -
    at 2 months, i felt as if allot of birds fell from my stomach down to my uterus and i began bleeding very heavily - we called my OB/GYN -he told us to go straight to the hospital - then began a round of 5 shots a week at his office - every other week in the hospital for total bedrest - at 4 months, the tests came back showing that the baby was deceased - i had to carry a deceased baby in my body for 2 months before they could give me a d & e - my first and third pregnancies were perfect - i don't remember the pills - i was not dilated -
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I have had two D&E one at 10weeks and the other I was five months pregnant and had to go thru the same thing. I got pregnant less than a year later by accident, I was on the pill. I had a normal pregnancy and had an over 10lb baby and then I got pregnant again with only trying for one month a year later and had a healthy 8.5lb baby. I consider myself as very luck because I have PCOS and Endometriosis and was able to conceive without any help or meds. I am also pregnant with my 3rd which was another surprise because I was in peri-menopause and I am on the older side and I am having a fairly good pregnancy but still in the high risk because of my age.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 6:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Thank you all
    lolo0636

Comment by lolo0636 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Sep. 13, 2010