Period problems

My daughter got her first period 3 months ago and hasn't had one since, is this normal?

sammiesmom2000

Asked by sammiesmom2000 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Periods can be very irregular during the first year. If you continue to have concerns though, a trip to the doctor would be the best thing. Read more about periods, mothers and daughters at:
    http://www.kotex.com/na/Article.aspx?id=20205
    KathyatDotGirl

Answer by KathyatDotGirl at 12:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes. Periods can be very irregular when they first start.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 9:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Thanks for the information, I wish she would hurry up and have another one because she is PMSing bad.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• My 11 year old started hers in July and hasn't had one since. I guess it is normal but i don't remember it being like that with mine. Oh well. I can't remember that far back. lol.
    karibmomof3

Answer by karibmomof3 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i would be careful with that, that used to happen to me had some issues with that and now i can not conceive
    stressedout33

Answer by stressedout33 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• yes, when my neice got hers, she thought she was pregnant!lol it scared her to death lol but yes it is very common for them to be irregular at first
    triplethetruble

Answer by triplethetruble at 9:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2008