STD's and men...what would YOU do?

I am pregnant and I tested positive for PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease)...my doctor says that I am completely STD free so it wasn't caused by another STD. I had a miscarriage about three months ago and got BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) because I didn't get "scraped" after I had the miscarriage. The BV lead to PID (that's what my doctor told me caused it). My doctor says that PID can be sexually transmitted. My husband has been tested and we are waiting for the results. My husband is angry with me because he thinks that I have been sleeping around. I have tried to explain to him how I got it but he doesn't believe me...what do I do to reassure him? How would YOUR husband react to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

• As the other posters stated. Explain it to him like it is just an infection that you incurred and not an STD. Also, have you doctor explain it to him so that he can get a PROFESSIONal opinion that he can't argue with.
    AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:59 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If he doesn't believe you, have the doctor tell him himself. My husband would probably joke about "oh, you must have got that from your boyfriend", but I don't think he would seriously think I had cheated on him. I've never gave him any reason to think that, and if you've never given your husband any reason to think that either, I'd be pretty mad that he dreamed that one up on his own! All you can do is tell him what the doctor said, have the doctor tell him, and hope that he comes to his senses. Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:28 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Did you explain it to him like it was an STD? You should have explained you got a bacterial infection caused by the miscarriage and that the bacteria can be passed to your partner during sex.
    With some people you have to be careful how you explain things or they jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 1:12 PM on Oct. 16, 2008