im lost..

i feel like i lost all respect for my church family.. i feel like things are being done out of position and not Gods will. because of this im starting to doubt mans ability to be truthfull and leadership. now let me say i am the person that brings my family to church and im the example if i slack my husband does and my daughters dont see my life in a TRUE christian way. i feel so let down and my heart really hurts. it leads me to feel like this religion based rules are all nothing. i know i have to search for my truth but i feel so lost and unmotavated...i love God and believe in him still. i just dont know what i believe in but it sure isnt people and what they teach. what do i do?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 9:30 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think most of us have been through that at some time. You hit it on the head when you called it religious rules. Keep in mind that man's rules are not necessarily God's ways. Now, more than ever, you need to pick up your Bible and ask God to show you His truth and His ways. Even Moses and Aaron, God's hand-picked leaders made grave errors. Just because they are leaders does not make them infallible. They are human. Don't let man's errant ways change your opinion of God. He remains the same... steadfast and true.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ding-ding-ding, lauchremi. Right on!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Lauchremi is exactly right!!

Just remain in prayer and in the Bible. God will lead you through these times of doubt and hurt you are feeling.
    luvnmy3kid

Answer by luvnmy3kid at 10:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I agree with the PPs... these are men... they are imperfect and man's rules..especially the made up one's may not be God's rules. Pray and search your Bible for the answers. Although they may have let you down... God never will. Stay strong... and I'll be praying for you.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yep, I've been there. I know exactly what you're going through. Right about the time I was losing faith in God, someone in my Bible study class said, "Ask God to show you what He wants you to learn". And so I did. And I added, "God, please only show me YOUR truth". And He hasn't failed me yet. Whenever I have a question about something I ask and low and behold, it's right there.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 12:57 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i would find a religion that reaffirms my faith in the lord jesus christ. that makes my family stronger and makes their testimony grow. that is why i am so blessed to be part of a church that does that for me every sunday and when we hold activities. even when we move we find another beloved ward that is just the same as the last. everyone wanting the same thing as you do and never being let down. keeping up with the commandments and living by his teachings. every day we are blessed and every day we are reminded of him through our faith and knowing that we belong to a great church that teaches me how to be more christ like. that is why i'm proud to say i'm a mormon.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008