Does any one know how to fix a cd that has scratches on it so that it will work again.?

My daughters favorite movie is all scratched up and does not play correctly anymore. I just need to know if it can be fixed or if I need to try and find a new copy

Hanaas_mommy

Asked by Hanaas_mommy at 9:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We use the skip dr. and it works great, even on 360' games!!!
    LizMomTo4Girls

Answer by LizMomTo4Girls at 9:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• There are kits that you can by for that sole purpose. If you invest in one, get a good one. I bought a cheapy-do one to fix my husbands cds and they didn't work at all after that. I would just check out reviews on them before I'd make a final purchase. :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:40 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• This may sound crazy, but: Peanut Butter (creamy, of course). The oil in the butter does something....I don't know. I've done it before, and while it won't fix a mutilated disk, it will at least get it to work. Rub a little on the cd, then use a soft cloth to rub it off. (I'm not a nut job, I promise, LOL)
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Family Video or your local library (at least ours does) it costs a couple bucks per disc.
    sarabear524

Answer by sarabear524 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've heard toothpaste and highlighters work. I've never tried them, though.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• We use toothpaste... plain old white toothpaste, not gel. I use samples I got in the hospital. It works so good. I wet the CD and rub it on with my fingers in a circular motion and rinse completely with warm water. We have saved so many PS2 games this way! Sometimes they are a lost cause, but it usually works.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• A lot of movie rental places will sell scratch repair creams and things. peanut butter does work actually.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The toothpaste thing does work. Use the kinda grainy kind, not gel. Also, at GameStops and GameCrazys have disc buffers that work great. I worked at GameCrazy and I took my stuff to get buffed all the time!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 12:53 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Well I have used a little squirt of window cleaner and a soft cloth and it usually works
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 6:49 PM on Oct. 16, 2008