wow that was easy!

Normally when it's time to cut my dd's finger nails and toe nail..there is a huge battle!!!But today she was watching Calliou and was totally into the cartoon's, by the time she realized what i was doing, i was done!!! I guess i am gonna have to buy a Calliou Dvd to keep her occupied while cutting her nails now!
Do you have any tricks to cutting your little one's nails?

mommylisar

Asked by mommylisar at 2:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am going to have to try this with my DD's Barney obsession. Maybe if I pop in a new Barney DVD, we can get the nails done without chopping a finger off! Haha. Usually it is a huuuuuge hassle.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 2:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I used to do the same with my kids hair. They wouldn't sit still long enough to trim their hair a bit. So, with the proper distractions they were distracted for a short while. It works like a charm.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We used to have to bribe my oldest daughter with chocolate. we would give her hersey kisses for being good.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I use to tell them to close their eyes.

Answer by louise2 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I do the same thing I let him watch some cartoon while I cut his nails.
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 2:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Dora. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i used to have that problem but then i started massage time i rub his feet and hands and back he loves it
    liadotwtd

Answer by liadotwtd at 4:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• One of my daughter's classmates said to pretend like the clippings hit you in the head and to be silly. This didn't exactly work, but what I do is tell her she's getting "pretty fingers." If I do this while she's having breakfast, I can usually get at least one whole hand (and sometimes two). Toes...can't help you there. We get to them every month or so b/c she fights so much.
    newmommy0409

Answer by newmommy0409 at 9:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010