Would it bother you if your groups of friends posted pics of your DH & his ex on facebook?

They always post "old school" photo albums on facebook, and yeah... I wasn't around then, he was with someone else then. His group of friends "adopted" me. DH has known most of them since childhood & we're all very close now. Anyhow, DH's ex was good friends with everyone in our group too (still is) and she is in a bunch of these "old school" pics. I try to not let it bother me, but it just burns my insides when they post pics of them together. There is one group photo where her & my DH are practically sucking face. And evrybody that we're friends with on facebook can see this. I would feel like the biggest baby/jerk/jealous/insecure person to ask them to not post them. In a way...i don't even want them to know that these pics bother me. I want to seem above it all...but i guess I'm realy not. Would it bother you if your friends posted pics of your DH when he was with his ex on facebook?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes!
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am not a secure person and I have jealousy issues..... so it'd bother me oodles.

My husband, though, hates his past and is embarrassed by his ex and very devoted to me.... so if that happened he'd take care of it before I did I am sure.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think that is not nice of them to be doing that. Knowing they are not together any more.

Answer by louise2 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think its one thing to have old pictures of them..especially since they grew up together sorta..but having pictures of them when they were a couple can be bothersome and his friends should respect that yall r together now and it does bother u to have pictures of them together kissing and such online..id ask to take down the kissing pictures and try to just keep urself in the state of mind with the others that they were friends..

it would bother me..and my fiance's ex wife is an evil whore and so is most of her family and posts pictures of when they wree together all over myspace and facebook.. it drives me nuts..even tho it was 3 yrs ago
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It would bother me too. And I don't think it would be too much to ask for them to be a little more respectful toward you and at least not post the ones with them sucking face.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• yes it would bother me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:04 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• How close are these "friends". On Facebook a lot of people just add people becasue they know them, not because they are real life friend. If your relationship is not that close with the people doing it, then I really wouldn't care. If was your sister posting on FB then I'd say something. But distand FB buddies have a right to post whatever they want, just as you do.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• sorry typo! distant fb buddies!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Musicmom;

They're pretty close friends of ours. Like i said, DH has known most of them since childhood. The groups grew, people got married & had kids. But, it's a very tight knit group of friends and over the years, i have become very close with all of them. Which is part of why it hurts so much. I feel like it's kind of disrespectful to me to post them. BUT, at the same time...I have met his ex & we are OK with each other. So, I'm guessing my friends just think it doesn't bother me. They think i am mature about it when I'm realy just a big baby hiding behind a mature face. I realy don't want the ex to know that she bothers me in the least. I cannot let her see my insecurities...LOL!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Yes, it would bother me. Besides that, what's the point in posting pics of them in the first place? Why post old pictures of him kissing someone else? It's disrespectful as hell. If it was one pic, and was a group pic, and they weren't kissing, then I can understand posting it. But several pics, and intimate ones? WTF man? I would be pissed. And I would ask for it to be taken down. Putting it up is like a sucker punch. I understand she is still friends with them, but she and he are no longer together.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010