How do I potty train my daughter? She's 2and a half and goes and plays, she'll sit and play. Does anyone have any ideas. I'm looking for a Do I sit her every 15-30 minutes, what should I do?

CCMami

Asked by CCMami at 9:47 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you want to send me your email, I'll email you something another cafemom gave me that worked for me.
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Her is what I did. First we started a sticker chart. Every time she goes she gets a sticker. After "X" amount of stickers she gets something special.

I also had books in the bathroom and we made a big deal out of it. We took them shopping for their own under wear and every time they went we would clap our hands.

Just make sure she is ready and don't push to much. She can not control much in her life right now and this is one thing she can.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I also did a sticker chart. About every 15-30 minutes I would place them on the potty. If they went, they received a sticker. I also let them choose the stickers they wanted to put on the chart. If they ran to the potty and actually went they received 2. After reaching so many, they got something special; treat, new "potty" book, dvd. Whatever! Be creative. I wouldn't recommend letting them sit too long because 1) it could get boring so they dion't want to be there. 2) it's not good for their little tushies to sit too long. Good Luck!!!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 11:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008