what should i do??

Hi im a receptionist and recently my boss made me lift 65 pound boxes . i had a csection done 2 years ago and now im in pain. i went to the doctor and she refer me to the surgeon. i cant really sit down and they wont pay for sick days. what should i do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Go to the ER.

Answer by louise2 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If I were lifting boxes that were too heavy for me I would have opted for one of those hand carts that but that's not the issue now. I would take something for the pain because that's important at the moment. I would take it one day at a time and see how you feel. Sometimes heat may help too like a heating pad or soaking in warm water.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• go to er and see what they said and if it was related to the job you had to do then it's their fault and tell them what is going on.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If you get hurt at work then you file a workers comp claim. You will have to tell your boss that you hurt yourself picking up that box and get the ball rolling from there. Worker's comp should pay for your doctor visits and any care you receive resulting from your injury.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:49 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• L&I will cover
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 4:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Two words: workers compensation. I'm sure you could get something out of the company
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 5:20 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Your employer's workers compensation insurance should cover your medical bills and any time off. Be sure that your health care provider is aware that this is a work related injury, and ask the benefits administrator how to handle your WC claim.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You may also want to check the OSHA guidelines, related to your position, condition, etc. I am also curious, how does someone MAKE you lift something that's too heavy for you? You could decline or request assistance. I'm sure that doesn't really help at this point, but perhaps for future reference.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 7:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010