Will the forensic evidence be enough to convict " Casey Anthony"?

Share your thoughts..

MTM

Asked by MTM at 9:49 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• IMO , I agree with the experts.

Experts say it is possible to get a conviction without a body, with several cases, including some in Florida, as examples.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:51 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I believe so, with as much as they've got to piece together, plus the circumstances surrounding the forensic evidence...Remember the Danielle Van Dam case? I think they had a lot of circumstantial evidence, but not so much (like, no dna ) to link Westerkiller to Danielle, but they sure found his sorry sick ass guilty. I keep wondering though, if the grandmother in the Anthony case has got something to do with the little girls death, or is she a mother just instinctively trying to protect her daughter?
    abusedmom

Answer by abusedmom at 10:01 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yes, if they have a reasonable timeline, forensic and circumstantial evidence that makes sense. The prosecution needs to lay it out like a story book, easy to follow and in layman's terms. That poor, poor baby.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I do think so...if they have enough that they are able to prosecute her without a body then I'm guessing it must be enough that they think they can prove the burden of proof. I would hope they wouldn't go forth with it otherwise.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I sure hope it will be enough. Casey Anthony is clearly a sociopath and needs to be removed from the general public. The woman has shown no remorse, and cares more about what is happening to her, than what happened to her poor little girl.

I don't think the grandmother was involved. I think she just can't wrap her head around the fact that her daughter could have done something like to her granddaughter. These people are genuinely distressed over this whole situation, and I hope that during the prosecution they are able to get some real answers, and find some closure.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Any case, in which there is reasonable evidence that the victim is deceased, can be prosecuted. This means that a child who would never just run away can be presumed dead when they haven't been seen or heard from for weeks. The circumstantial evidence alone in this case would probably be enough to convict her. How long did she wait to report her daughter "missing?" Sadly, Kaylee was most likely dead when her mother filed the report. Then she lied, told the police whe would tell them where Kaylee was if they let her go, she is obviously deranged. The traces of human decomp in her trunk is probably the most damning forensic evidence against her. There is no satisfying answer to the question, how did human decomposition get in your trunk, besides the fact that a dead human body was stored in it at some point.

casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:45 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I would need to see that 700 page report they have, an any evidence they have against her, but it is very possibly to convict her of murder without the body. It has happened before. As for the grandmother, I don't think she had anything to do with Caylee's death,but I think she knows more than she's telling, trying to protect her own daughter now I guess.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I hope they have enough to convict her. casperskitty where did you hear/find that it was human decomp in her trunk? Not trying to argue with you, it's just everything I've heard has said it was decomp material and it was undetermined what type of material. My thing is how would chloroform get into her trunk, and why was it researched on her computer? Why did she wait a month to report her missing, and even then it was grandma who reported it. I think grandma is in denial, who wants to think the worst of their own child, or that her grandbaby is dead.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 6:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2008