When is it a right time to go from a toddler bed to a twin size ?

xoxobethany

Asked by xoxobethany at 3:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Mine went from a crib to a twin matress on the floor. Never had a toddler bed for them.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I personally think it has a lot to do w/ height. My son will be 6 on October 30th. He is currently in a toddler bed still but a twin sized loft w/ mattress and rocket shape bedding is his big/main b-day gift. For us this is the perfect age/time. He just started kindergarten last week and the height is nearly inappropriate.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:09 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mine went straight to a twin bed with rails from their crib, around 2 years.

Answer by missanc at 3:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Mine went straight from a crib to a twin bed too. We just bought a big safety railing and she loved it. I'll be honest - at the time, I couldn't fathom buying a toddler bed and then a twin bed later, it just seemed like double the expense.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Just whenever you want. My oldest dd slept in her toddler bed until she was 6. She still fit in it. At that time we got her a junior bed from ikea. They are longer than a toddler bed but narrower and not nearly as big as a twin bed. She's 10 and still fits in it. My son went right from his crib to a twin mattress on the floor when he was 20 months old. My middle daughter went from a toddler bed to the same kind of junior bed at 4. And my youngest daughter went from the pack n play (never had a crib) to a junior bed at 23 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We moved our son from a crib to a toddler bed on his 2nd birthday, and we're planning to move him to a regular bed on his 4th.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 4:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• When the child is too large for a toddler bed. It's not about age, it's about size.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:12 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree its the size
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010