Acne

How do I get rid of this horrible acne! I know it is pregnancy induced because I have never had acne before!!!!! UGH ITS KILLING ME I LOOK LIKE I AM 14!

DeegansMomma08

Asked by DeegansMomma08 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• for me, I have sensitive skin, and I tried using a lot of different products but they just didn't help. I started washing my face with a clean rag and just water at least three times a day. That worked for me, I think because your hormones are going crazy because of the pregnancy sometimes the other chemicals in products can be contradicted and not work, so just water a few times a day is what I did.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• ive had acne since i was 15 im almost 23 it got really bad this pregnancy its never been severe id just have break out and my face was never clear but bearable it was super bad and painful for a few weeks and it went down now its the clearest its ever been since i was 15 so probably around your 2nd trimester it will calm down w the hormones my dr said shed give me something topical but try try a 3 step walmart system i didnt need the topical i got st ives green tea cleanser and it took the redness down
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am well into my 2nd trimester tho and it hasn't got any better. I have tried everything.
    DeegansMomma08

Comment by DeegansMomma08 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Good luck with acne during pregnancy
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would be careful when using some acne products and facial cleaners because there is certain ingrediants that can hurt the baby. Here is an article that I found that goes over everything..
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_safe-skin-care-during-pregnancy_1490031.bc?page=1
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010