Is there a way to grow out of being jealous?

My husband says I'm too jealous and even I notice how bad it has become. When we were dating it never bothered me when he said another woman was pretty. And now it makes me want to push the girl down some stairs and thats if she even looks at him without him saying anything at all. He's in basic training right now and I would love to learn how to stop doing it by the time he comes back.

ariesmom20

Asked by ariesmom20 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• I was a nasty jealous bitch for a very long time and it ruined many relationships for me. Some of which I would still love to be friends with the person now. You just have to stop. Everytime you feel that green eyes monster you have to stop, swallow hard and say in your head, that he is mine, he wants me, he wants to be with me. I often found it helped if you agree with them when they say a girl is pretty. Find something to compliment her on. And then either to your hubby or yourself point out a flaw, she's got too big of a butt or her hair looks greasy...
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Become more confident with yourself. I was never jealous until I was out of shape. Once I started losing my weight again I was more sure of myself and not so jealous. :)
    lauchremi

Answer by lauchremi at 9:53 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I wasn't ever overly jealous with my fiance when we first met but when I got pregnant I started getting worse & then after I had our son it got even worse to the point where it's driving us apart. Still. Every time he's going somewhere I have to know where he's going, who's going to be there, what their number is. Even if he does end up going to a friends house i'm wondering if he's talking to any girls or if anyone's flirting with him. He works night shift alone so i'm always wondering what he's doing when he has time with no customers. I know that I want to trust him & not be as jealous, I just can't help it.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 10:13 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Basic Training is not only hard for him but or you too. You don't get to see him often and when you do, you don't wanna hear somone else is pretty. When our men are in the military it's a hard thing. And there are women that they come in contact with who don't care if they are married or have a SO. So yeah, it's really hard not to worry. But you have to remind them why they chose you. :)
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Your husband knows you are a jealous person, not sure if that's something you can completely over come but can learn to deal with. Do you trust your husband? That can cause jealousy. Also talk to your husband and tell him how it makes you feel when he comments on other woman and how at one time it may have been ok it isn't now. Ask him to respect you and stop commenting on other woman and give that attention to you.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008