Where's the least painful spot to get a tatoo?

I want to get an original tatoo that has a dragon and my husbands initials in it but i hate pain...

ariesmom20

Asked by ariesmom20 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• When my husband was in basic training I got his name tattooed on me. It was a good time and he was thrilled. I got it on my shoulder, so it could be covered easy, for fancy occasions. But I didn't think it hurt at all. Granted I have a high tolerance for pain.
    But the tattooist said that shoulders and thighs were the best because the muscle and skin was thicker there.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:18 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I got my on my back. It is right between my shoulders, in the center. I did not think it hurt that much. I know that you have to think of it this way. The thicker the skin the less painful it will be.

So if you are going to put it on your leg then you don't want to go to close to the ankle.
    Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I only know where mine are: hip and foot. Hip was not so bad, but foot was rather painful. The closer you are to bone, the more it is going to hurt. I don't have one there, but I would say butt would be the least painful, LOL....lots of cushion.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:05 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I agree the more cushion the less painful it will be. I got one on my leg up by my calf muscle, and one on my wrist. The one on my wrist hurt the worst. My birthday is next month and I am planning on getting two more tattoos then. One will be on my back over my shoulder bone. And the other one will be on the lower part of my back just above my butt. It's all about your tolerance for pain also.good luck

KRLove

Answer by KRLove at 10:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• i got on my wrist, and it didnt hurt until they got right on my bones. i have one on my leg and that didnt hurt at all. even the one on my hip didnt hurt. But the one on the back of my neck that kinda hurt. After awhile of them tattooing, you kinda get numb to the pain. I learned how to block out the fact that they were sticking me with a needle.
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 10:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• The ankle hurts, but I got one on my shoulder and it didn't hurt at all.
    crazymomjen

Answer by crazymomjen at 10:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I have two tattoos. The one on my upper back shoulder area didn't hurt one bit. The one on the back of my calf hurt like heck!
    tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ain't one all the shit will hurt at 1st, then go numb..LOL

TheMrs1

Answer by TheMrs1 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008