• In the Spotlight:

advice on what to do?

well my almost three year old wakes up every morning in a terrible mood, baby-like i guess. she cries when she first wakes up! It drives me crazy cause that's the first thing I hear every morning. I am trying to work with her on saying good morning, intead of crying every morning. What in the world can I do? also there should be nothing to cry for, I just don't understand, gets to be a bit frusterating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in General Parenting

• I bet it is frusturating, my son is often like this in the morning and after naps when he has one. He's 4 and has never been a morning person. Sounds like your daughter's not a morning person either. There's not much to do about the crying other than to be understanding. Give her some space and let her have time in the morning to get over her grupms. I try to wake my son up 15-30 mins early so he has time to fully wake up and get in a good mood. He see's me and my other 2 daughters (morning girls) in good moods and having fun together, he eventually comes around. Just be patient and understanding. Good luck.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Mine does that too. I think it's just a reaction to them getting up. but that doesn't mean there not in a good mood.
    ariesmom20

Answer by ariesmom20 at 10:20 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I don't know. When Abby wakes up crying I let her lay there for a bit until she gets in a better mood. Most of the time she gets over it and starts playing. Then I go get her.
    evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 10:38 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ask her. At three most kids can verbalize something. Don't give her suggestions about oh are you tired or she will say yes. It is quite possible that she isn't getting enough sleep. Even if you put her to bed early. She may be a restless sleeper or have apnea. Try watching her sleep.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• IDK bc I myself am not a morning person @ all lol bit I agree w/ AmandaH321 that it just mite take her a little more x 2 wake up. @ that age, kids r sooo unpredictable.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 16, 2008