why do women?

everytime i go to a party for a friend who is hosting one of those home parties, that when they introduce me to someone i don't know, they always look you up and down. i go to extend my hand and i get a smirk and a quick hello. why are women so catty? men shake and just start talking like old friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Women do this when threy feel intimidated. It is their problem, not yours. I would pretend I didn't notice the attitude and be friendly and have a good time. Life is too short to be miserable and jealous.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 10:00 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think it's fair to say that woman have many insecurities and some find that if they can find faults in others than that makes them feel better. It's the same as when you were little and you mom said that others bring you down to build them up. Hopefully as women we can mature and be able to accept and support women instead of being catty.
    Hopefully in recognizing this you are more aware of how you treat other women. I am.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I've never had a woman do that to me. (At least not since high school). Maybe it's the circle of women that you are associating with are supremely insecure.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think that a lot of women (but not all) are very strict about who they let into their friend circle. I've had that happen to me but I just continue to be myself. Most of the time they realize that I'm a pretty good person and begin talking to me.
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 12:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You can't worry about what they think. If they ignore you, grab a drink and go sit next to them and tell them what a great outfit they are wearing. Then just walk away if they don't start talking, be the better person. Hold out that olive branch, if they snap it off, then they are the snob with the problem and not worth knowing anyway. You will know then you are pretty on the outside and inside.
    NCgranny

Answer by NCgranny at 1:35 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Just ignore them I have dealt with women like that and I think they are insecure or jealous not sure but I just try to just be civil and ignore them if they dont want to be friendly then so what.
    geenabelle

Answer by geenabelle at 5:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Anonymous are you the SAME person who keeps posting things about people getting jealous over pretty women and now people looking you up and down? If so I'd like to know why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Oct. 17, 2008