why are people so judgmental?

HI I am 3 months pregnant with my 4th baby,and people think i am crazy. We are happy, why cant they be happy for us? I get rude comments like "you guys are crazy" I am excited about our new addition.

wyattsmom281

Asked by wyattsmom281 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• because they couldnt handle as many kids as you can. Thats basically it to. I dont think i could ever handle having 4 kids. But good for you, and i would just ignore those people that tell you that your crazy. 4 kids is nothing compaired to those people that got anywhere from 8-20 kids. 20 kids now thats INSANE! Maybe they are just jealous of you. I wouldnt worry about them, if you and your family are happy and excited that is all that really matters, congrats and good luck.
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 10:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I get people like that all the time looking at me bc i have 2 small kids. they seem to think that I didn't think and plan out both to be that way. I wish people would just mind there business. by the way i'm happy for you!!!
    ariesmom20

Answer by ariesmom20 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• you may have to tell pople were they can go.
    madcat500

Answer by madcat500 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I understand how you feel. I am pregnant with number 6. We get the stares, glares and rude comments often.  Frankly, it is no one's business how many children you decide to have. That is between you, your husband and the Lord. 

I get tired of people asking "you know what causes this don't you?" or "your done, right?" My simple answer is I know what causes it and I like it!

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• its unusual now days to have big families so people dont know what to say. i have 5. we want one or 2 more. yes, ppl think we are nuts. oh well. they dont have to deal so its not their problem. its not like I have 5 in a row. they are 3 yrs apart and then a gap of 8 yrs so i dont have a houseful of babies or anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• If your excitied then that's all that matters!!!!!!!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I think its great! I also have 4 children and almost everyday when I go out someone makes a comment. I've learned just to ignore them. I'm very happy with my children.
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 11:25 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Tell them to mind their own business! If you can financially, physically and emotionally support a 4th child, the more power to you!!
    KDW211

Answer by KDW211 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• I know just how you feel I am twenty one and pregnant with my second baby everyone treats it like this tragedy but I am engaged to that father and very happy about it. I just don't listen to what other people say if you are happy that's all that matters.
    Amanda_87

Answer by Amanda_87 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Yeah, try not to let them get you down. I want 4 or 5 kids eventually but never thought people would say something so stupid! Congratulations!
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 10:58 PM on Oct. 16, 2008