I have a 2 month old boy who is constipated. Is it ok to give prune juice. I have done the Karo Syrup but not helping.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did that with my son. just make sure you dilute it very well. use a 6 oz bottle (if you have one). start out small. 1 oz of prune juice, 5 oz water. if he seems to handle that okay, then go 2 oz prune juice and 4 oz water. i don't suggest doing anymore than that. if it doesn't work, then talk to the ped.
    proud_ng_wife

Answer by proud_ng_wife at 11:11 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yes but not to much
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• my son was the same way...he siad no prune juice...do apple juice - 1 oz of water to 1oz of apple juice. it really helped. if i dont give it to him one day, you can tell the next. he now has 2 oz of apple juice and 2 oz water mixed.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:38 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Gerber has Prune/Apple juice - mix half juice and half water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yes prune juice is fine but only 1/2 oz per 4 hours
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 2:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My son had the same problem we had to put a teaspoon of karo in each bottle for a while and if that dont work we had to change his formula to that enfamil gentlease!
    KendraCagle

Answer by KendraCagle at 3:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My dd was like that, I took her to the chiropractor and she adjusted her and she has been regular ever since...15 months now. Good Luck
    linnea143

Answer by linnea143 at 4:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I used an ounce of apple juice and an ounce of water and I had to do it once and day for about a month and now he can poop on his own. It might not be that he's constipated he might just not know how to poop just yet thats what my doctor says?!
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• how could a 2 month old have that problem if all they get is milk?! Babies don't need juice till 6 months
    Anonymous

• please dont use karo syrup my pediatrician said it can cause botulism bc it is not purified...they told me to use pear juice and then when that didnt work they prescribed lactolose which has helped alot..she is 3 months now and her bowels are gettin a lot better
    kamdynsmom08

Answer by kamdynsmom08 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2008