Have you ever done this?

I know back in the day I always would hear if you lie to me i'm gonna wash your mouth out with soap. Have you ever said this to your kids and have you ever actually followed through and done it.

sweet_mamaof3

Asked by sweet_mamaof3 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• said it as a joke...never followed through
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• No, my kid are to young to really understand what a lie is. When they get older I'm going to tell them that every time they lie, their nose grows. When they get a lot older them will be grounded for lying.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I had it done to me but it was curse words and it worked i'd do it to my kids no one likes disciple but they need it.
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My kids are too young to lie to me. My oldest only says a handful of words and not very clearly at that.
    However, at the point when he discovers lying I would never ever wash his mouth out with soap. Those are chemicals in those soaps that are not meant to be ingested by people or pets. Even the smallest amount can cause issues in the body. I would never inflict that risk onto my child for anything.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• never said, never done
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• :) No, I have not said such a thing to my kid :)
    Lolga

Answer by Lolga at 3:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i havent done it yet cuz our daughter is only 7 months old but i have had it done to me alot! i was a smart ass when i was little and i still am so i guess the soap didnt work! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• my mom did it to me - I'm still here.
    nygrl4evr

Answer by nygrl4evr at 3:35 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My dd bite her brother and I threatened to put soap in her mouth if she ever did it again, she never did that again
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:36 PM on Sep. 12, 2010