Got a lb of ground beef, what to make with it??

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 3:40 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• tacos, meatloaf, hamburger
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• It's a nice fall day, how about making a pot of chili?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:42 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh the endless possibilities. tacos, enchiladas, porcupine meatballs, shepherds pie, spaghetti, hamburger gravy and biscuits.....soooooo many things
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:43 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• sloppy joes, a ground beef stir fry, salsbury steak.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 3:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You can make meatballs and sauce over spaghetti. I've been thinking about making a stuffed meatloaf but haven't gotten around to doing so. I've used ground beef in making my own meat filled ravioli, but that takes time to make the pasta. Fast and easy are sloppy joes which really is just spiced meat sauce.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Tacos
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 3:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My personal favorite is Stuffed bell peppers or stuffed cabbage. If you have rice and a few bellpeppers(or as many as you need for your family) and some tomato sauce there ya go. For stuffed cabbage its the same but with a head of cabbage(of course I make a polish cabbage roll and its different than the americanized version, but I am not sharing my secrets lol shhh). Good luck!
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 3:51 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• meatballs, spaghetti, meatloaf, albondigas, picadillo, hamburgers, stuffed biscuits, chili .... there's a LOT of choices. Ground beef is pretty versatile and goes with just about everything... LOL
    my kids don't like tacos or sloppy joes so those are generally out for meI
    I personally LOVE stuffed meatloaf (put the bottom down, layer of cheese, layer of veggies (we use french style green beans or spinach) layer of cheese, put the top of meatloaf, season how ever you do it (I just use ketchup and cheese) and cook it up...
    all food groups tog. depending on how you make your meatloaf... LOL
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• chili...goes great with football
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• My husband loves when I take beef, brown it through, mix it with cheese and a little cream cheese, and bake it in side crescent rolls. You can add any sort of extras you want, flavor it however you want. You just have to bake them a little longer than you would for plain crescent rolls. And when I roll them up they don't roll up perfectly like crescents, you kind of have to fold the ends over once you roll them up, so they look more like plain rolls. But they're his absolute favorite. He begs me to make them, lol.

Or you could do any number of things. Tacos, chili, meatballs, sloppy joes.... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010