Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What exactly is a inguinal nodes?

I did look it up but was not sure I have one (if that is what it is called) a small jelly bean like bump in the crevasse of my right leg upper part near my pubic area and upper thigh. It doesn't bother me much...But what could it be??? Do I go see a family doctor or my gynocologist?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • It could be a lipoma. (Fatty tumor) Those are common. BUT, it is a good idea to have all unusual lumps and bumps checked.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • it's a lymph node in the groin area. nodes get swollen when they fight infection, normal body response. Do you have other symptoms like fatigue, mood changes, discharge? If so, go see a doctor. Your regular doctor is fine.

    Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008

  • I don't know what it is, but I'd suggest a regular doctor since it's on your leg and not in your lady parts.

    Answer by Ilovepie77 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 16, 2008