He finally build the nerve to tell his mother it's over b/w us?

It's been 2 wks since he left and decided in counseling that he is done with our relationship. Our 9 yr old is have a hard time with this she says now show will only see her dad once a week. I feel like calling him and telling but that is not going to help matters i keep reassuring and have already set an appt for a therapist. I wish I could take her out somewhere but moony is tight. I just keep telling that we all love her and that things are going to be okay. I really believe he has someone else I want to hate him but I can' t. I'm just dying to be able to stand on my 2 feet without his help. He has hurt me and my kids, one day he will realize the damage that he has done. Why are some men so selfish? He blamed it on my school, me not getting along with his mom. But the truth is he was out partying and
I think he is seeing someone that is what I kicked him out when he got a text at 4 am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Good Luck with everything. He was just looking to point fingers somewhere else instead of at himself for any wrong doings in the relationship.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I am so sorry you are going thru this. At least you have counseling set up for your child(ren)- You should make appt for yourself too. The kids will help keep you grounded/sane (somewhat) - but besides your friends/family, you need an objective, professional 3rd party to help you deal with this. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You sounds like your doing everything right and keep it up, he's not worth the trouble. Good luck hon.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• you sound so very string
    you are going to be fine and so is your daughter
    this is very new to her and you
    so give it some time
    over look some of her actions, she may act out some, and so may some adults

you sound like you are on the right path
    and good for you to trust your instincts

in the long run, you have given your daughter an excellent example of what a woman should not put up with

bravo!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 5:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Usually the more the guy blames the woman for the breakup the more he knows he's been doing things he shouldn't. They can't accept that they're the bad guy running around with someone else. It's our fault for going back to school/ getting a job/ having a hobby and not paying enough attention to them.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• just try to find acceptance that it may never make sense - you will need to find your peace of mind and closure through acceptance, not answers. your daughter is an unfortunate victim of his actions, but it is not up to you to take responsibility for his actions by trying to fix that for her - the only thing you can do is be there to listen and empathize - just let her know that you know she is sad and that she misses her dad. trying to distract her or fill in where he fails isn't going to make her feel any better or change her reality any more than such things do for you. you are telling her the right things that you love her, etc. sorry you're going through this. when we were little we didn't have money - mom did puzzles with us, read books, etc. - i remember that more than any other dinner we ever had.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Good luck hun
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010