My son will be 3 on the 25th of this month and he still isn't potty trained can anyone help?

I have tried spanking him, rewarding him if he goes to the potty, but anything I try doesn't work...My mom told me to leave him in underwear and let him pee on himself and he will not like the feeling an he will stop peeing in his pull ups....Any other advice will help me....I'm going to try hers we will see....

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• never spank while potty training! that may give them complex psychological issues later in life. potty training should be laid back and with the child in the "control" seat. there has to be not only mental preparedness for the child, but physical nerve connections that are prepared. every child is different. when he is ready he will do so. all of a sudden my 3 year old just got it and was done. we nixed the diapers, gave him rewards, high fives, and lots of praise (that's what they need to build self confidence). you praise when they do it right and blow it off with an "oh well, accidents happen, that's okay" when they have an accident. its frustrating and its hard, but above all else, you have to bee your kid's #1 fan, supporter, and cheerleader. took us 2-3 days and he was done. but that was my son. your son will do it his own way. try to take him potty every 20 min at first, then loner stretches
    dragonlady320

Answer by dragonlady320 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc?page=2
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:00 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• WHAT IS WRONG WITH U!!!!!! U DON'T SPANK HIM!!!!! HERE IS SOME ADVICE AS WELL AS MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE!!!!! BOYS DON'T DO THE POTTY TRAINING AS EARLY AS GIRLS!!!! BOYS BLADDER IS OUT OF THEIR CONTROL UNTIL CLOSE TO AGE 4!!!!! BY THAT I MEAN THREE AND A HALF YEARS OLD OR OLDER!!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• WOw...you spank! That is a big deal. I would never punish my son for something he is learning. You are just hindering the process.

You could just let him take control. My son was 3 years 2 months when he potty trained himself. He had it down in 2 weeks once he decided.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• U cannot force it!!! They do not have any control over their bladders and bowels.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:41 PM on Sep. 12, 2010