i lost 10 pounds, wore a shirt that finally fit me, wore jeans that fit nice, cut my hair short, styled it cute, made myself up like i was in hollywood THEN.....

my sister prints off her pictures she took of me with her camera and i was DISGUSTED with what i saw!!! i looked like i put on 20 pounds, hated my hair, and looked like i had too much makeup on!!!

i could cry!!

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 3:50 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Pick up a 10 lb bag of flour or sugar and get a visual of that being fat. Now picture that all back on you. Now doesn't that make you feel good about what you have accomplished? Happiness does not come in any certain shape, weight, or package. It comes from within. Work on changing your mind set about your self image at any weight, style or make-up. I can guarantee you that even when you reach your goal weight there will be something you will not be happy with if you continue with a negative self image of your self. Be proud for what you have accomplished and don't have such a critical eye when it comes t yourself and remember pictures always make you look heavier.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 5:01 AM on Sep. 13, 2010

• I think your being too hard yourself! You have lost 10lbs!
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Everyone looks heavier in photos. Be proud of your weight loss and continue with what you are doing to lose more. Pat yourself on the back for getting this far.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:53 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• camera's add weight girl just keep doing what your doing till your satisfied with what you see (but i can relate i've lost 25 pounds when i hit the 15 pound mark we did family photos and some were great and others pissed me off lol)
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• We are our own worst judge! Dont be so hard on yourself. Others will cherish those pics even if you dont care for them- b/c they are pics of YOU! Congrats on the weight loss & the new look.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Cameras suck. I could take 100 pictures of myself and like maybe 1 of them. You should be proud of yourself hun! If you like what you see in the mirror, that's all that matters - because that's what other people see too! Cameras distort things and are not an accurate representation of weight.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 3:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• cameras are alll about angles. bad angle= bad picture
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• YOu should feel good about yourself. COngrats on weight loss!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• camera's can make you feel like you added weight.. and a shorter cut can do the same..

Be sure to style it properly to give you a thinner look. (sometimes a little volume and shrink a figure).

ANd well, make up can always be washed off and redone.

dont let it discourage you though. you lost 10 lbs, so be proud :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:17 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Girl be happy, and set your goal of how much weight you want to loose.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010