Does anyone have a method they could tell me for keeping everything in your life in order? I need help...lol

Its so hard doing everything on my own with a fiance who doesn't do anything but go to work he doesn't help me out or anything....So is there any way I can keep up with doctors appointments cause I keep missing them....Keeping up with wic appointments...Keeping the house clean when 1 kid is running around messing things up and the other one is crying cause he wants to be held....Bills that I need to keep up with and not go past due....OMG I feel so over welmed I need somthing that can maybe help me would a poster board filled with my task on them help or would I forget to even look at it?

jessesmama22

Asked by jessesmama22 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The poster board sounds like a good idea and out it on the fridge, and maybe even ask your SO to pitch in a little help.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• FIRST you are NOT a one woman show. You need to ask your fiance to pick up a little bit of the slack. He could keep track of the bills or he could pick up after the kids when they go to bed, something, anything to help you out. Second make sure you write down all appointments and when bills are due on the same calendar. That will help.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 3:55 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I try to write a list when I get overwhelmed. Plan which ones I'm going to do in what order and check them off as I go....Sometimes I feel like I'm planing a battle...in some ways maybe I am....But it doesnt ever seem like its ever done. try to take a deep breath you can do it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:58 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Maybe putting a note on a calendar will help you to keep your bills and appointments where you can see them. A small reminder when you check what you need to do for the day. As far as maintaining a clean house, two children definitely consume a lot of time out of a day. I used to break it up and do as much as I could in a day and then leave the rest for another day. Your children's needs and your own needs come first. Housekeeping will always be there to be done. That's why I always did some of it everyday so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed by the constant filth and clutter and it freed up more time to spend quality time with my kids who needed my attention too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Oh and I keep a calander(the one in my phone) with anything I dont need to think about right now.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:59 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• as for appointments and such. i always used the school calendars they give you. it was nice getting them and knowing what days they had off and what days were spring breaks, winter breaks, ect. while i wrote dentist appointments and such on it, that was the one thing that i made sure my life depended on. if they dont have school calendars (they didnt when my kids transfered schools), you could buy a dry erase marker calendar and put it up on your wall or anywhere where you constantly look and im not talking the tiny dry erase calendars, im talking the huge obvious ones.

the other idea my sister does for her bills is to buy plastic filing containers where you can set near your computer or your counter top, label the bottoms with the dates they should be paid like "bills due 31st" and another "bills due 1st." then you file your bills in that container accordingly
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Flylady.com It works!
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 4:52 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If you have a cellphone try to set things up in there. It will notify you when the certain day come.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:56 PM on Sep. 12, 2010