How to end this.

I have someone in my life that has become to much to handle.I met this person in college and we became accqunatices and she kept trying to make it into a friendship. I gave her my cell # because we had to work on a class project together a number of years ago. I was always polite to her, but she never got the idea that we weren't friends. I never called her or anything to try and get the point across.I have told her we live separate lives now, not to mention in different states and our lives have nothing in common anymore. She still calls me and I don't answer.. I have gone as far as getting a new e-mail so she won't contact me and a new facebook account. She found me on facebook, but I denied her request. She continues to try and find out information about me through our mutual friends and she still calls my phone, even though I don't answer.

Don't know what else to do?

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Eventually she will grow tired of wasting her time on someone who does not reciprocate her friendship. At least you dont live in the same town, so you wont have to worry about running into her. If you dont want to totally crush her feelings, there's not much more you can do other than what you've already done. Just be grateful for caller id. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• You can block her number or you can answer when she calls and tell her that she doesn't need to call anymore
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I don't think you can do much more. Hopefully she will give up. I have been in a similar situation and my name is mud with her but the message never got through. Now I hear once a year from her and it is a message laiden with a lot to make me feel guilty. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:08 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would tell her flat out "I'm sorry but I don't want to be friends. I hope you will respect my wishes and stop calling/contacting me. If you keep it up I will file a harassment complaint against you". Then I would ignore her attempts and block her. I would also tell mutual friends that she is NOT your friend, and you would appreciate it if they do not tell her anything about you/your life.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Some people just don't get it. You have gone to extreme measures to avoid just tell her outright that you don't want her to call. While it might seem insensitive, just flat out tell her. Unfortunately some people really can't take hints, no matter how blatant and in your face they are.
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 4:24 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• This. Definitely this.

"I would tell her flat out "I'm sorry but I don't want to be friends. I hope you will respect my wishes and stop calling/contacting me. If you keep it up I will file a harassment complaint against you". Then I would ignore her attempts and block her. I would also tell mutual friends that she is NOT your friend, and you would appreciate it if they do not tell her anything about you/your life.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee an hour ago"
    PaganMommy04

Answer by PaganMommy04 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• What's wrong with her that you don't want to be her friend? It can't just be because she doesn't live near you. I have friends that live far away. If you really don't like her than the only thing you can do is ask her to stop calling. For myself, if someone told me they weren't interested in being my friend I'd never bother them again but some people can't take a hint.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 6:19 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• why don't you be direct instead of just assuming she is going to get the hint - she obviously isn't. if you've already tried that and she continues to pursue you she's nuts.. but it doesn't sound like you ever told her to stop trying to contact you.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Change your number
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 10:57 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• For starters, I would change my cellphone number. Ask your friends not to give out your number, unless they ask you first.You should also tell them not to give them any information on you even if she asks. It is harassment. You did the right thing on FaceBook. If worse comes to worse, you may have to tell her what you think. But I hope it doesn't get this far.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:23 AM on Sep. 13, 2010