Rainy Climate Mom's: buying rainboots.. are you supposed to go two sizes bigger?

I bought rainboots in size 8, thats my regular shoe size, and when I got them in the mail and tried them on they were tight on my calves and so I showed a friend and she said they are supposed to be at least 2 sizes too big so you can put your regular shoes in the boot also... I have never lived in a rainy place before this so I had no clue about the whole 2 sizes bigger thing.. is this true??

cassie_kellison

Asked by cassie_kellison at 4:03 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Shopping

• NO, it isnt' . I"ve never ever heard of wearing shoes with rainboots!! lol that is halarious. I cant imagine trying to it a shoe down a rainboot, even 2 sizes bigger.
    Try a different style of boot that dosnt' go so far up the calf.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I wear an 8.5. I bought a size 9 because they did not come in half sizes. I have never heard that youhave to buy them 2 sizes bigger.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 4:07 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• Whoever told you that has eaten too much boloney. Galoshes you wear over shoes...not rainboots. Just keep looking until you find a pr that fits you well. Loose rain boots makes for big blisters..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I went 1/2 size larger, so that I could wear a nice heavy pair of socks inside my rainboots and my feet would stay warm. Otherwise feet can get very cold in rainboots.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 6:02 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with a aliceinalgonac. I to would want the extra room for heavy socks.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 6:20 AM on Sep. 13, 2010