What to do?

I don't know how to handle a coworker of mine and my husband's. She barely knows us but is spreading her opinions about us. She is saying we will not be good parents because we are dedicated to our jobs. She is bashing my husband because he supports my decision to not be a sahm and continue my career. I have worked hard in my career and now my coworker is bashing us because the baby will be in daycare.

soccerfanatic14

Asked by soccerfanatic14 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• That is harrassment. Go to human resources and make a formal complaint. This should stop the bashing.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 4:13 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I agree with the first poster.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• If she is openly doing this at work speak to your manager about the situation. It is thier job to fix those issues. And you WILL NOT be bad parents! :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:14 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• That is a debate that has been going on since women's lib thrust sahm into the workforce. I wouldnt care what she had to say about you, your husb or your parenting abilities. You dont need to please her or get her permission on how to run your life. Run it as you see fit and parent to the best of your ability. Alot of us have to have both parents working to survive. You cant control what another person says, only how you react to it. You will just have to agree to disagree on this topic and move on.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I would not take this to human resources. She is stating a silly opinion, and I can't see how this would harm you. So just ignore it.

Answer by Bmat at 4:21 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• I think that hurts a lot for someone to bash your decision making or your method of raising your child. Some children are perfectly fine not having their parent be a stay at home mom or dad. And some kids want that arrangement and it works out for everyone involved. The problem with pulling out of the work force to become a stay at home mom doesn't always help a persons career and doesn't always afford them all that a family may need with one income. There are many pros and cons to each arrangement. However, she should not judge what works for your family.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:27 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• thank her for her opinion, and continue to ignore her, she will eventually get the hint and stop talking too much

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:33 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• i would ignore her. there are always going to be those stupid nosey people, they want a reaction and to make trouble because they dont have enough going on in their own lives.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• F her - does it really matter what she thinks? unless everyone else she talks to thinks they're in high school too they will ignore her. why is she so involved in your lives? if it's creating problems at work tell a manager and let them handle it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 12, 2010

• She sounds bitter and jealous! Maybe she had to work and is projecting her feelings on you and dh. I'd go directly to her and tell her to stop talking about you. And let her know if it doesn't stop you're going to your supervisor/HR. I will tell you, I worked til my eldest was 10 months and I was just a good a mother working as not, I really hate when people can't just let other people live their life!!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 12, 2010