apple turnovers?

can i use cresent rolls for apple turnovers? how can i do that though?

thanks

tiggerneeyore

Asked by tiggerneeyore at 10:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Definitely...it's the easiest way to do it. Take 2 cresent rolls...put filling on top of one (apple pie filling works great if you don't want to do your own)...leave a little edge all the way around the bottom cresent, brush the edges with egg, put the other crescent on top and press edges together with a fork....after they are almost done, I like to pull them out brush them with melted butter and cinnamon, then put back in to finish browning.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:31 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• looks easy thanks!!! im just in the mood for it hehe.. thanks again!
    tiggerneeyore

Answer by tiggerneeyore at 10:34 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• Ok that sounds good, I might have to try that this weekend for my crew. lol I have a recipe for them but have yet to try it, but using crecent rolls sounds almost too easy lol.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 11:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2008

• You can, using one for the top and one for the bottom, sealing the edges....but I think it's better and just as easy to buy a sheet of puff pastry. Cut it into squares, add the filling, and fold over on itself to form the triangle. Brush the top with a little cream and sprinkle with turbinado sugar if you have it...it adds a nice crunch and looks pretty :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2008